11.16.2008

GRIND AND SHINE

At first I went to The Silver Room and Eric (one of the workers) said I can hang up my stuff anywhere in the back. I chose behind the couches since I knew that was the main area where everybodys at. Looks great with the lighting and wasn't to hard to set up. Natalie who is in charge of all the events said I think it would be better to put your stuff up in the front since it would take up more room. I took it down and started all over again.
Grinding: I'd say I'm about 6 1/2 feet up. Thanks for the butt shot.Grinding: Just about right.
Shining: I think my favorite part now is hanging up the art (which is an art all by itself). Finishing a painting feels good, but I love when a series comes together and just hanging it up gives it that professional look. Side note: I was in the Silver Room about a year ago with my friend Kathrine and told her "One Day" I'll be up there. One Day = Nov. 14,2008

ConTAGious Cr8tivity: The meaning behind this series is to display what creativity does to my thoughts and mind. Inside each animal are TAGs. Tagging is the start of my creativity and then usually things build from there. The reason why I added a drip background and drip effects was to ephasize how creativity can be in your mind yet "drip away" at any moment. Its my job as an artist to paint it out asap. I added alot of calc. math and organic chem. in pencil to show even grunt work can be inspiring at times. I penciled in lyrics to certain songs that I listend to while I painted.
"Teething": Shark=Drive. Once creativity hits me, I feel this driving force to put down everything and pick up anything to show it. I think this was an important piece since alot of artist are creative yet don't have drive. Numbers are for Eph. 6:17-18. and Psalm 23:3. $100"Flapping": Baby Penguin=Joy. Once I have an idea for a new canvass or tag or anything I feel like I'm in first grade with a new set of crayons.-$100
"Mudslinging": Baby elephant in water= Playful. When I paint it's something that I do not to make money, make a name for my self, or get in galleries. Paint for fun not muns. Birthday 12/22/87.-$100"Unbearable 429": "I can't imagine what a life would be like with out creativity." -Matt Siren. 554 is BBQ pork eggs and rice at Seven Treasures. 429 is the price we pay for two hot dogs and E.Revs at THORTONS!!. Dorian Minor 4 life. -$100

No comments: